Shalom Institute is proud to offer diverse and educational programs for the entire family!
At Family Camp, families enjoy Shabbat services, Havdalah services, arts and crafts, song sessions, ropes course, swimming, softball, a talent show, and being together in the beautiful natural setting of Shalom Institute.
Parents are housed in cabins or dormitory lodging with other parents or can have a private room in our Emma Stern Weinberg Village for an additional charge. Children 6 and over stay in cabins with counselors. Children under 6 are housed with their parents and childcare is available for them during the day.
- PJ Library Family Weekend is August 21-23, 2015. To register, click here. To view informational flyer, click here.
- Camp JCA Shalom Toddler Family Camp is October 2-4, 2015. More information soon.
- Camp JCA Shalom Family Camp is May 6 – 8, 2016
- LGBT Family Camp is May 13 – 15, 2016
Family Fun Days!
Family Fun Days are exactly that – FUN for entire family! Join us to celebrate holidays, experience the magic of camp and all that Shalom Institute has to offer: from Shemesh Organic Farm Activities to hiking, from hugging and feeding our animals (including Norman the Steer!) to zip lining, from riding the Jamba “Jews” Bike Blender to arts and crafts, and much more! Thanks to a generous grant from The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, we are able to offer Family Fun Days throughout the year.
- Sukkot Family Fun Day is Sunday, October 5, 2015
- Hanukkah Family Fun Day is Sunday, December 13, 2015
- Passover Family Fun Day is Sunday, April 17, 2016