Shalom Institute is proud to offer diverse, fun, and educational programs
for the entire family!
At Family Camp and Retreat weekends, families enjoy Shabbat services, Havdalah services, arts and crafts, song sessions, ropes course, swimming, softball, a talent show, and being together in the beautiful natural setting of Shalom Institute. Our August mid-week family camp offers all the same activities as the weekends except for the Shabbat experience.
Parents are housed in cabins or dormitory lodging with other parents or can have a private room in our Emma Stern Weinberg Village for an additional charge. Children 6 and over stay in cabins with counselors. Children under 6 are housed with their parents and childcare is available for them during the day.
- PJ Library Family Camp – August 19-21, 2016 FULL. To be placed on the waiting list, click here.
- Camp JCA Shalom Summer Family Camp – August 23-26, 2016. To register, click here. For informational flyer, click here.
- Camp JCA Shalom Toddler Family Camp – September 16-18, 2016
- Camp JCA Shalom Toddler Family Camp – October 7-9, 2016
- PJ Library Family Camp – December 9-11, 2016
- SoCal Interfaith Family Retreat – February 3-5, 2017
- PJ Library Family Camp – February 10-12, 2017
- Family Camp – February 24-26, 2017
- Camp JCA Shalom Family Camp – May 12-14, 2017
- SoCal LGBTQ Family Retreat – May 19-21, 2017
Thanks to a generous grant from The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, we are able to offer Family Camps and Retreats throughout the year.
Family Fun Days!
Family Fun Days are exactly that – FUN for entire family! Join us to celebrate holidays, experience the magic of camp and all that Shalom Institute has to offer: from Shemesh Organic Farm Activities to hiking, from hugging and feeding our animals (including Norman the Steer!) to zip lining and climbing wall, from riding the Jamba “Jews” Bike Blender to arts and nature crafts, and much more!
- Rosh Hashanah Family Fun Day – Sunday, October 2, 2016
- Hanukkah Family Fun Day – Sunday, December 18, 2016
- Tu B’Shvat Family Fun Day – Sunday, February 12, 2017
- Purim Family Fun Day – Sunday, March 12, 2017
- Passover Family Fun Day – Sunday, April 9, 2017
- Lag B’Omer Family Fun Day – Sunday, May 7,2017
Thanks to a generous grant from The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, we are able to offer Family Fun Days throughout the year.