Shalom Institute is proud to offer diverse and educational programs for the entire family!
At Family Camp, families enjoy Shabbat services, Havdalah services, arts and crafts, song sessions, ropes course, swimming, softball, a talent show, and being together in the beautiful natural setting of Shalom Institute.
Parents are housed in cabins or dormitory lodging with other parents or can have a private room in our Emma Stern Weinberg Village for an additional charge. Children 6 and over stay in cabins with counselors. Children under 6 are housed with their parents and childcare is available for them during the day.
- LGBT Family Weekend, May 1-3, 2015. To register, click here.
- Camp JCA Shalom Family Camp, May 8-10, 2015. Information and registration available soon.
Family Fun Days!
Family Fun Days are exactly that – FUN for entire family! Join us to celebrate holidays, experience the magic of camp and all that Shalom Institute has to offer: from Shemesh Organic Farm Activities to hiking, from hugging and feeding our animals (including Norman the Steer!) to zip lining, from riding the Jamba “Jews” Bike Blender to arts and crafts, and much more! Thanks to a generous grant from The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, we are able to offer Family Fun Days throughout the year.
- Hanukkah Family Fun Day, Sunday, December 21, 2014 from 10am – 2:30pm. Camp Tours at 9:30am.
$10/person ages 7+. Children 6 and under are FREE. Register for a Camp Tour and and come for FREE. To register for the day, click here. To view the informational flyer, click here. To sign up for a Camp Tour, click here.
- Passover Family Fun Day, Sunday, March 29, 2015. Information and registration available soon.
- Lag B’Omer Family Fun Day, Sunday, May 3, 3015. Information and registration available soon.