Shalom Institute is proud to offer diverse, fun, and educational programs
for the entire family!
At Family Camp and Retreat weekends, families enjoy Shabbat services, Havdalah services, arts and crafts, song sessions, ropes course, swimming, softball, a talent show, and being together in the beautiful natural setting of Shalom Institute. Our August mid-week family camp offers all the same activities as the weekends except for the Shabbat experience.
Parents are housed in cabins or dormitory lodging with other parents or can have a private room in our Emma Stern Weinberg Village for an additional charge. Children 6 and over stay in cabins with counselors. Children under 6 are housed with their parents and childcare is available for them during the day.
- Camp JCA Shalom Family Camp with Zimmer Children’s Museum – January 20-22, 2017
To register, click here. Informational flyer can be found here.
- SoCal Interfaith Family Retreat – February 3-5, 2017. To register, click here.
- PJ Library Family Camp – February 10-12, 2017
- SoCal LGBTQ Family Retreat – April 7-9, 2017
- Spring Family Camp – May 12-14, 2017
- PJ Library Family Camp – May 19-21, 2017
Thanks to a generous grant from The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, we are able to offer Family Camps and Retreats throughout the year.
Family Fun Days!
Family Fun Days are exactly that – FUN for entire family! Join us to celebrate holidays, experience the magic of camp and all that Shalom Institute has to offer: from Shemesh Organic Farm Activities to hiking, from hugging and feeding our animals (including Norman the Steer!) to zip lining and climbing wall, from riding the Jamba “Jews” Bike Blender to arts and nature crafts, and much more!
- Tu B’Shvat Family Fun Day – Sunday, February 5, 2017. To register, click here. For informational flyer, click here.
- Passover Family Fun Day – Sunday, April 9, 2017
- Lag B’Omer Family Fun Day – Sunday, May 7,2017
Thanks to a generous grant from The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, we are able to offer Family Fun Days throughout the year.